Land Use Litigation
RRD has represented landowners, contractors, developers and public entities in litigation involving zoning appeals, partition, restrictive covenants and real estate contracts. Members of the firm have served on local Zoning Boards of Appeal and Planning and Zoning Commissions in their local communities.
Examples of types of litigation the firm has handled include:
- Boulanger v. Town of Old Lyme, 127 Conn. App. 572 (2011) (Affirming summary judgment in favor of the defendant in a Section 1983 action alleging a violation of constitutional rights arising out of the denial of permit applications to use plaintiff's property for fee based parking).
- Contegni v. Payne, 18 Conn. App. 47 (1989) (A suit brought to enforce deed restrictions in an exclusive waterside community in Stamford).
- Primerica v. Planning & Zoning Commission, 211 Conn. 85 (1989) (An appeal of a zoning decision on behalf of a Fortune 500 company which was ultimately decided in the Supreme Court).
- A contested partition action involving 40 acres of valuable real estate in Greenwich, CT.
- The defense of city engineer in connection with construction of a sewer line.
- Defense of Section 1983 actions based on alleged violations of constitutional rights arising out of zoning commission decisions on special permit applications and other land use issues.