RRD has significant and far-reaching experience in the defense of claims arising out of trucking or other transportation accidents. The firm has represented the railroad industry for over 25 years and has successfully defended hundreds of cases brought by passengers, pedestrians and employees. The firm has also represented numerous long and short haul trucking companies, bus companies, owner-operators and tractor-trailer operators in litigation involving catastrophic personal injuries, wrongful death and property damage claims arising out of highway accidents, workplace incidents and cargo delivery.
We believe that immediate involvement of defense counsel and thorough accident investigation are invaluable in helping to limit our clients’ liability exposure. For that reason, we have a 24 hour rapid response team comprised of lawyers who are available to answer your call at any hour and to visit the accident scene and speak with the involved drivers and witnesses as early as possible. We also have relationships with other service providers such as photographers, videographers, accident reconstructionists, private investigators, criminal defense lawyers and third party adjusters who can assist us in obtaining an early and exhaustive investigation and analysis of the cause of the accident and in helping to protect your driver.
Representative cases handled by the firm include:
- the defense of a charter bus company against claims brought by fifteen plaintiffs who escaped from a burning bus while returning from a high school baseball camp;
- successful defense at trial of a commuter railroad in a case involving a young woman struck and killed by a train while trying to cross a trestle;
- defense of a long-haul trucking company in a case involving an unexpected separation of a wheel from the axle, causing significant property damage and injuries to another driver on the highway;
- defense of a tractor-trailer driver in a case involving the death of a motorcyclist who was struck when the tractor-trailer made an improper left turn;
- representation of interstate carriers sued by shippers under the Carmack Amendment;
- represented owner/operator of tractor-trailer involved in highway accident that resulted in fatality to emergency services responder; and
- represented major interstate trucking company in connection with a multi-vehicle accident resulting in death of one driver and significant spill of hazardous chemicals.